The mission of the Mark Wahlberg Youth Foundation is to assist youth to ensure that no child is limited or prevented from attaining their lifetime goal or dream due to financial circumstances.
The Mark Wahlberg Youth Foundation was established for the purpose of raising and distributing funds to youth service and enrichment programs. Established in May 2001 by Mark and Jim Wahlberg, lifelong members and advocates of the Boys and Girls Clubs of America. Mark came from a family of nine children and spent most of his afternoons and evenings at his local club. Mark credits a large part of his success to the fact that he was fortunate enough to spend his free time in the positive and nurturing environment of the Boys and Girls club.
What MWYF HAS Achieved
- MWYF has raised and distributed over $10,000,000 to many organizations.
- Our annual summer camp CAMP NORTHBOUND has sent thousands of kids from the Boston inner city area to a week of fun, sports, and classic camp events in pristine nature in Maine.
- Our annual Christmas party with Santa gives thousands of gifts to youth every year.
- MWYF has built basketball courts in Boston area for Boys and Girls clubs.
- Our dramatic film IF ONLY started a dialogoue about opiod abuse for hundreds of thousands of youth and parents across the country.
- MWYF has helped youth since 2001.